The final installment of this big update is a modification that is world wide regarded as VERY marmite, some like it, alot don't haha


I can sense you're all just sighing loudly,resting your face in your hands shaking your head at the screen. It wouldn't be a nod to the Max Power era if the car didn't have it

I started by feeding the power cables through the bulk head and completing majority of the wiring inside the car before I started underneath. Full details are in the Youtube video (link at the end)

I also installed an under bonnet light,feeding the wiring through the bonnet skin and through the bulk head. The sound deadening needs tidying up but its presentable for now

I had access to a four poster ramp to allow me to underseal the centre of the car and to fit the underglow. Unfortunately due to the other vehicles in the unit, I was limited to hand brushing the underseal on.

This is before, quite clean to be fair. The areas were wire brushed down followed by a coat of Kurust before the underbody seal.

The main areas sealed. The harder to reach areas will be aerosol'd at a later date

Also done the majority of the rear axle too. When the wheels are next off I'll finish those areas

Since the video I've added an in-line fuse on the positive battery lead for the fuse box, along with moving back the front LED strip to hopefully make it less visible.

And there we have it, I apologise again for the lengthy read


Send us your email address and we’ll send you great content!

You've successfully subscribed to Combustionpunks
Great! Next, complete checkout for full access to Combustionpunks
Welcome back! You've successfully signed in
Success! Your account is fully activated, you now have access to all content.
Unable to sign you in. Please try again.
Success! Your account is fully activated, you now have access to all content.
Success! Your billing info is updated.
Billing info update failed.
Your link has expired.
Become a Patron!